Monday, August 17, 2009

It has been a while

It has been a while since I posted. However, the entire “death panel” silliness got me going again. Sarah Palin should take her own advice and “quick makin’ stuff up”. Her using her own child for political gain is revolting. She is a disgusting selfish human being, and I just don’t understand why anyone in their right mind would support her.

The entire thing boils down to a section of the bill to provide end of life counseling which may include hospice care, living wills and other kinds of directives. My father passed away five years ago. It was an emotional time, but because he had a living will and had hospice counseling, we were clear of what his final wishes were. My wife and I have living wills and we are far from retirement age. It is also something Republicans have supported in the past, so it is purely political.

I respect President Obama for trying to get Republican support. However, it is clear that they are more interested in putting their own self-interests ahead of their country rather than putting the “Country First”. In defeat, we see their true colors.

If the Republicans are not interested in being part of the solution, then the Democrats should move on without them. As George W. Bush once said “I have political capital and I plan to spend it.” President Obama and the Democrats have overwhelming majorities, and should take full advantage of them to do the right thing.

No comments: